Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quickies

I read 6 books last week(Oh, what's that? A genius? No..no, I'm just a quick reader-Oh, stop it. No..I mean, I'm advanced sure..oh, you flatter me. What's that? No..they're like, fantasy science fiction books...some of them are young adult...what? NO THEY ARE STILL REAL BOOKS, WHAT ARE YOU-I AM A GENIUS, A GENIUS!)

4 book reviews, in 30 words or less.

Total Oblivion, More or Less, By Alan Deniro-A fantastical apocalypse story set in current day America- yet somehow believable, beautiful, seamless, devastating, lovely-READ.

Battle Royale, by Koushun Takami-A brutal Japanese novel telling the story of 42 middle schoolers enrolled in a government program where they are forced to kill eachother-not for the weak stomached, but READ

Vampire Academy, by Richelle Mead-Oh...a vampire school...that's..okay, and well, there are some characters..and plots..and..this book is like novacaine for the mind. Don't read.

If I Stay, by Gayle Forman-Not awesome literature, but I didn't hate it. I kind of really liked it. Could be a prose. Made me tear up. The best kind of cheese factory. READ, MAYBE IF YOU'RE INTO THIS KIND OF THING

Listen, sometimes even geniuses have a hard time counting to 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment