Monday, October 5, 2009

Snark: If it's not funny...it just sounds mean.

So I assume you have read this quote by Stephen King:

"[J.K.] Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can’t write worth a darn. She’s not very good."


Well, of course Meyer's herd of 14 year old fans were very, very mad about this quote and made it known, and so King responded to these fans:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb72V_4N5ko


I mean. I'm all for bashing Twilight..but this felt..a little..mean. I'm not sure if the 14 year olds will even get this, and Meyer didn't respond at all to King's initial comment(that I could find.) So I don't know whose team I'm on. I don't want to be on the side of Bad Writing, but I also don't want to be on the side of Defensive Bullies. Which honestly..I think King falls into the latter category here. I don't know. Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment