Friday, October 2, 2009

This just in!



I bought this book thinking "This is totally going to make my blog." And then, "Oh..oh..mg...I can't believe that sentence just happened in my brain." Followed by, "I need to delete my blog." Finished with, "You know you can't quit it now, it's giving you an outlet for your nerdiness and only three people know about it anyway."


So, that happened.


Regardless, this book made my blog, omg ugh, but not in the way I expected. It is super cute. Not a classic, definitely a kids book, but it's really adorable and engaging. My only beef is that it is a little too self-aware-to the point that it's self concious. Most chapters begin something like, "You are not going to believe this, but.." or "I know I sound crazy, but.." and it's like, dude. You need to understand something about your audience. We range from ages 5-infinity, and all of us are 100% with you on unicorns, dragons, witches, wizards, magic carpets, giants, fairies, you name it. No need to justify every chapter. We believe you. Now what were you saying about demon math teachers hmm?


If books were movies, I'd call this one a rental. As they say in my home country, Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I saw a book about ancient Chinese history where every chapter ended with "Read on!".

    ReplyDelete